Sprain TherapyDecember 1, 2017
Shoe Analysis and TherapyJanuary 7, 2018
Raynaud’s Disease is a condition that causes the extremities- including fingers and toes- to feel cold in response to harsh cold temperatures. Raynaud’s disease is not necessarily serious or life-threatening, but it can cause distress and inconvenience for the affected patient. The disease itself is more common in women than men, and commonly affects people that reside in frigid climates.
If you or a loved one are suffering from discomfort in your toes when exposed to cold temperatures, visit Sound Foot Care for a podiatrist in Smithtown.
There are 2 different types of Raynaud’s Disease:
- The most common type
- Extremely mild- most patients don’t seek treatment
- May resolve without treatment
- Caused by a pre-existing condition
- Less common than primary Raynaud’s Disease
- More serious
- Being a smoker
- Cigarette smoking causes blood vessels to constrict, making it harder for adequate oxygen and blood to reach the extremities.
- Injuries to the foot
- Injuries to the foot like a fracture can cause Raynaud’s Disease.
- Blood Disorders
- Blood pressure medications, Beta blockers, and some ADHD medications can restrict blood flow.
- Seeking a diagnosis from a podiatrist can be very beneficial in pinpointing the exact cause.
- For a podiatrist in Smithtown, call us at Sound Foot Care today.
- Treating the underlying cause of any condition can be largely beneficial in treating the condition altogether.
- Medications for more severe cases
- Wearing layers- socks to prevent attacks from occurring.
At Sound Foot Care, we offer multiple diagnostic options including in-office x-rays. We can provide orthotics, MLS (Multiwave locked system) Laser Therapy to reduce inflammation and swelling as well as surgery in-office or in-hospital. For a full list of our services click here. Contact us today for an appointment with a qualified podiatrist in Smithtown!