A healthy foot is essential for the ability to walk and move around comfortably. Even minor issues can be detrimental to your quality of life since we’re on our feet constantly. If you’re facing any foot-related issues, Sound Foot Care is here to assist. Our podiatrist in Smithtown can help diagnose the issue and offer exemplary treatment.
What Is A Podiatrist?
A podiatrist is a doctor that specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of issues found in the feet. From performing surgeries to resetting any broken bones, their main goal is to promote proper health and functionality of the foot. If you’ve been having foot-related issues, contact Sound Foot Care so you can speak with our Podiatrist in Smithtown and get help in correcting your problem.
Common Conditions Treated By A Podiatrist in Smithtown:
By coming to see our podiatrist in Smithtown, you’ll be taking the first steps in regaining the quality of life that your foot condition has taken from you. Our team can help all of our patients deal with some of the most common foot problems such as the ones found below:
- Athletes Foot: This is a fungal infection of the foot that is usually found between the toes. The most common places a person is exposed to this fungus include gyms, showers, and public pools, as it thrives in warm, damp areas. If exposed, you may experience itching and peeling of the skin on your feet. Antifungal medication is the most effective method of dealing with this fungus.
- Bunions: A bunion is a boney growth that forms at the base of the joint in your big toe. This growth moves the alignment of your bones out of place, causing redness, swelling, and tenderness in the area. Should this growth make walking increasingly painful, surgery may be necessary.
- Diabetic Neuropathy: This is not one condition, but rather a group of conditions that create havoc on the foot caused by diabetes. High blood sugar levels can cause damage to the nerves in your feet, leading to numbness, tingling, or pain. Though nerve damage already experienced cannot be reversed, the team at Sound Foot Care can help manage the condition and stop it from becoming worse.
- Hammertoe: Hammertoe can often be an after-affect of bunions. This occurs when there is an abnormal bend in the middle joint of your toe. Due to the abnormal bend, the toe begins to point in a different direction. Some toes affected by this condition will remain flexible, while others soon become immobile. Our podiatrist in Smithtown will determine the best course of action should this condition happen to you.
- Ingrown Toenails: Ingrown toenails occur when part of your toenail begins to grow into the skin that surrounds the area. This can cause pain and tenderness around the toe and sometimes can lead to infection. Our podiatrist in Smithtown can work with you to determine why you are experiencing ingrown toenails, and help come up with a proper plan for prevention.
The range of treatment available at Sound Foot Care is not just limited to the conditions listed above. If you’re dealing with any sort of foot-issue, our podiatrist in Smithtown is here to provide quality care and assistance. Be sure to contact us today so you can get the treatment you deserve.